And congratulations to Stephanie Shih, who has accepted an offer for a tenure-track faculty position in the department of Cognitive & Information Sciences at UC Merced!
Archive for the ‘Alums’ Category
Olga Dmitrieva (Ph.D. 2012) has accepted a tenure track offer from Purdue University, with a 50-50 appointment in Russian linguistics (School of languages and cultures) and Linguistics.
James Collins will be presenting this Friday, March 7, at the 32nd West Coast Conference on Formal Linguistics (WCCFL 32) on Diagnosing Predicate Fronting with Coordinate Structure Constraint Violations
Several current and past Stanford linguists will be presenting at CUNY 2014:
- Chris Potts will give a plenary talk on Characterizing expressive and social meaning with large corpora as part of the Special Session on Experimental Pragmatics.
- Judith Degen will give a plenary talk on Alternatives in Pragmatic Inference as part of the Special Session on Experimental Pragmatics.
- Klinton Bicknell and Roger Levy will be presenting on The mind leads the eyes: ungrammaticality detection from two words back in reading.
- Kevin McGowan, Meghan Sumner, Annette D’Onofrio, and Teresa Pratt will be presenting on The contribution of form and meaning to the processing of careful and casual speech.
- Chigusa Kurumada, Meredith Brown, Sarah Bibyk, Daniel Pontillo and Michael Tanenhaus will be presenting on Expectation-adaptation in the incremental interpretation of contrastive prosody.
- Richard Futrell, Tina Hickey, Aldrin Lee, Eunice Lim, Elena Luchkina and Edward Gibson will be presenting on A cross-linguistic verb-final bias in gesturing paradigms.
- Marie-Catherine de Marneffe and Judith Tonhauser will be presenting on Prosody affects scalar implicature generation.
- Jennifer E. Arnold, Elise C. Rosa, Mark Klinger, Patrick Powell, Alison Meyer will be presenting on Mechanisms of prosody production: Differences between children with and without ASD.